Bunk beds are the perfect solution for kids sharing a bedroom or those sleepover nights with their friends. However, you need to buy age-appropriate, your child won’t need a bunk bed when still very young. The top bed should also not be used before children turn 6 years of age.
Bunk beds come in a variety of styles, shapes and also, colours. You will find boys’ and girls’ bunk beds, beds with safety steps, and others with straight ladders. Some of the beds will be equipped with clever storage places. How do you choose the right type of Bunk Bed for your child?
5 Facts to consider when choosing an L-shaped bunk bed for your children:
1. Measure the room: Before you put your mind on buying a bunk bed, you should first check out the dimensions of the room. Make sure you will have options to move around furniture as your child, or children grow. But firstly, you should be able to get it in the room. If it will not fit through the door, it won’t work.
2. Consider your child: Are your child or children grown-up enough to be safe on a bunk bed? Will they still need guardrails? If your child is still growing rapidly, you should choose a bed with room for growth.
3. What do you need most? Will you need more room for storage? Do you need a design that can be changed later on? Or do you need a design that you can just add on as your children grow? When you decided on the most important features, you can decide what style, etc. you will need.
4. Make sure of the stability of the bed: Your children will scamper up and down and will need to have a safe sturdy structure to keep them stable, in sleep and in play.
5. Ask for your child’s input too: It is your child’s room, after all, and they need to feel welcome and comfortable with it. Make it a family affair, and choose the bed together.
An L-shaped bunk bed will help to utilize the spaces in your child’s room efficiently, leaving enough room for play and work. A bunk bed will turn out to be a fun part of the furniture in your child’s room.